The Fine Art of BlunderingMar 25, 2019
Want to develop your potential? Awaken the giant within? Achieve excellence in an endeavor worthy of your time and talents?
Some say it takes guts, grit, and grind. Others say it requires planning, purpose, and perseverance. Perhaps it's merely up to fate, faith, and fortune.
Regardless of how you realize your promise, there's one strategy that can really help you get out of your head and out of your own way. Stop taking yourself so damn seriously!
Sure, dream big, go large, and fly high; but remember that things rarely turn out just the way you think they will or should. Embrace the fact that you, and everyone else, are stumbling their way toward excellence. Adopt a posture of blundering.
Here are just a few of the benefits of the fine art of blundering:
- Helps you acknowledge ignorance. Opens the door for listening and learning.
- Encourages embracing the process and non-attachment to results beyond your control.
- Cultivates presence. You can only influence what happens next in the here and now. Choose how you frame your situation, decide the next step, and take it.
- Discourages vanity, ego-driven activity, and hubris. Inspires asking for assistance and inviting collaboration.
- Promotes playfulness and imagination.
The fine art of blundering is a discipline that not only boosts your health and happiness, but it also nurtures the virtues of humility, resilience, and wisdom.
What are you blundering forward into today?
Let's keep flying higher together!
Scott Perry, Chief Difference-Maker at Creative on Purpose
If what you just read resonated, please share it with a friend.