The Path to WisdomJul 12, 2023
What is the path to wisdom?
Here's an approach I'm playing with.
Knowledge => Learning => Intelligence* => Virtue => Wisdom
Let's define our terms.
- Knowledge - the acquisition of information
- Learning - the implementation of knowledge to change behavior
- Intelligence - applying learning to get what you want
- Virtue - intelligence practiced with integrity and intention
- Wisdom - pursuing virtue without attachment to expectations, scrutiny, or outcomes
I don't need more knowledge to get closer to what I want.
Instead, applying what I already know provides learning that nurtures intelligence, bringing me closer to what I want.
And by incorporating virtue, wisdom becomes an emergent property.
The process becomes the shortcut and its own reward.
*h/t Dr. Todd Snyder & Nic Peterson
Scott Perry, Encore Life Coach at Creative on Purpose
If this resonates, please share it with a friend!