The PossibilitistApr 13, 2020
What do you call someone who looks for and steps into possibility despite uncertainty or adversity?
I call a person who cultivates and demonstrates that approach a possibilitist.
A possibilitist is someone :
- who sees the opportunity, lesson, or a silver lining in any situation.
- who frames circumstances to reveal choices.
- who sets their aim and plans with intention and integrity.
- who's instinct is to find the others and lean in together.
- who accepts what happens and then starts again.
A possibilitist isn't reactive or reckless. Advancing into uncertainty requires responsiveness and deliberation. Their impulse is to not hesitate, hide, or hinder. Instead a possibilitist's instinct is to acknowledge, act, and advance.
I'm a possibilitist. What about you?
Let's see and step into possibility together.
Scott Perry, Chief Difference-Maker at Creative on Purpose.
Ready to get going with the difference only you can make? Start living your legacy. It's time to be creative on purpose!
If what you just read resonated, please share it with a friend.