Opportunity Vs. OutcomeJun 29, 2018
Do you spend more time than is healthy focusing on outcomes that are beyond your control? I know I do! Attachment to results that are beyond your determination is not just unhealthy, it's a path to suffering.
In any moment all you really control is how you frame things and what you do next. Whatever the situation or circumstance, you can choose to see the opportunity.
- The opportunity to find a way around, under, over, or through difficulty.
- The opportunity to join in a celebration.
- The opportunity to meet a challenge worthy of your talent or training.
- The opportunity to engage your curiosity, creativity, and courage.
- The opportunity to practice the virtue of patience, humility, or acceptance.
It's likely you will encounter adversity, a complication, or some predicament today. Maybe you already are. How will you face it? Will you wish for things to go your way, or will yourself to find the opportunity?
Scott Perry, Chief Difference-Maker at Creative on Purpose
If what you just read resonated, please share it with a friend.